Stuck fetching next

After clicking “study” on Skritter 2.0, I am stuck on the black page saying “Skritter \n Fetching next”

Skritter 1.0 works as well as usual (studying is possible but unresponsive to pen input). I have tried logging in and out, clearing browser cache + cookies and then logging in/out, as well as visiting the skritter 1.0 site then returning to 2.0.

Running the latest version of the Chrome browser on Chrome os.

The dev console of the page is attached.

1 Like

Same problem is happening for me. Any custom list I try to add gets stuck in a loop like this.

This is hapening to me too on the Japanese Android beta version.

On Skritter beta for Android I can cause two variations of this.

1.) If I just click the main study button Skritter will get stuck on the Fetching Next screen.

2.) If I click on the small study button for individual lists Skritter will get stuck cycling through the following.
Updating cache
Fetching Next
Adding words from lists
Loading application

I would like to note I currently only have “Remembering the Kanji” set in my lists to study. So theoretically their should be no difference between clicking on the main study button or the small one under my list. I hope this was helpful. I also hope someone (George, Jeremy anyone from Skritter) gives a response to this as it essentially breaks Skritter.

P.S. If you have the time it would be nice to get responses on my other posts too.

1 Like

I have exactly the same problem with Chinese Skritter Beta on Android.

Hey everyone!

Thanks for the heads up. We’re investigating the issue-- the good news is we’re fortunately able to reproduce the problem, so we should be able to track down the issue and sort it out quickly. We will post back here when it has been resolved. Thanks again for your reports and sorry for the inconvenience! In the meantime, you could use legacy at https://legacy.skritter.com, (or temporarily leave the beta and revert versions while it’s still affected).

Hello. The legacy app is stuck on fetching the next item, too. Any chance of fixing this soon? Now it’s completely impossible to do the reviews.

Update: It looks like it works now. Thanks!

1 Like

Legacy may be fixed but the Japanese Android Beta sure isn’t. Please keep at it.

1 Like

@michau Is the app successfully fetching next items again?

@josh The legacy app (Skritter 1.0) seems to work fine. Skritter 2.0 sometimes works, and sometimes it gets stuck displaying “Fetching next”. Here’s what I get in Firebug:

Unhandled promise rejection
TypeError: this.prompt.review is undefined libraries.js (línea 49)
a<.render() application.js (línea 5)
b<.renderPart() application.js (línea 4)
b<.set() application.js (línea 4)
l<.next() application.js (línea 31)
l<.checkRequirements/<() application.js (línea 31)
Bt/<() libraries.js (línea 1)
v/<() libraries.js (línea 1)
i() libraries.js (línea 1)
E/<() libraries.js (línea 1)
Bt/</<() libraries.js (línea 1)
i() libraries.js (línea 1)
r/<() libraries.js (línea 1)
S/</s() libraries.js (línea 14)
S/<() libraries.js (línea 14)
i.exports/u() libraries.js (línea 13)

I am still getting the same error (at least from a UI perspective, the dev console is giving a different error now).
Screenshot attached

I’ve just pushed some updates live that should fix this issue.

Yep! It works for me again, much thanks!

1 Like

It didn’t work for me. It is still stuck on Android. How do you do a forced sync in Skritter Android 2.0?

Another update that should resolve the issue has been pushed! It should show up in the store within a day or two (usually a few hours though).

There isn’t a way to force sync on the 2.0 Android app, it should be doing this for you automatically.

@ddapore99 Have you gotten the 2.0.2 update from the Play Store yet? It was pushed a day or so ago and should be showing up by now.

Sorry I didn’t reply sooner I was busy with work. I tested it today and didn’t get the Fetching Next bug.

Thanks for your hard work making the new app and tracking down the Fetching Next bug. I have already come across another big bug after finally getting the chance to study with 2.0. I’ll create a new thread for it later.

1 Like

The bug is back. I tried: refreshing the page, logging in and out, clearing cookies, clearing browser cache, all of which failed.

Studying around 15 characters on 1.0 and then returning to 2.0 (temporarily at least) solved the issue. So presumably this is caused by a small percentage of characters/words.

I had the problem at 12:42 pm PST.

1 Like

I’ve had this problem for a month now. The Legacy version doesn’t load as well.I’m getting by on Android, but it’s not enough.