Stuck fetching next

I’ve just pushed a patch to the website that should fix this issue. It was being caused by the new client not properly handing writing prompts for characters without stroke data. We get notified about these, but in the meantime for these more obscure characters you’ll still be prompted for definition, reading and tone prompts.

I am getting this issue on my Droid tablet.
Both in the web version and Droid app.
I was beta testing, but I switched that off, still no dice.

If I try studying a list on the web version, it will come up with the study screen, but endlessly load.
I try adding words manually, it says it’s added them, but no words actually appear.

I tried resetting me data, still no dice…

Hey @dfebb, some of your data got out of sync, I reset it for you and everything should be good on the Android beta now. We’re working on automating these types of checks so these issues get resolved faster and more automatically.

1 Like

hello, i’m not sure if i post the right way.
I have the same problem in my android version : fetching next, never ends.
But my web version 2 and 1 work fine.
Could you help me please

In fact, web version 2 has now the same problem. I have to get back to version 1 to use it. Please tell me what to do ?

I’m also having the same problem, I actually reset my data using the web 2.0 site (wanted a fresh start). Since then it works well on iPhone app but the Web App (2.0) get’s stuck fetching. Tried on two computers with different operating systems. Worked well prior to the reset.

@dan_bn @RossWS I have made a few changes to the server that just got pushed live and should have fixed the issue. Please give it another try and let me know if things are working again.

1 Like

fixed :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am having the same problem (Android, beta). I’ve cleared cached data, logged in/out, etc. Please help!

@megantheory Did you recently reset your account?

Yes. My troubles started when I was trying to manage my lists/study queue - none of my changes would save and the “fetching next” issue started. I tried a reset to see if that would help, but it did not.

I’m now stuck fetching next after resetting account, the beta website on (chrome/firefox is stuck and so’s the beta app). Tried resetting again and readding one list (thought it was because I tried adding two lists at the same time) but still stuck.
Legacy is working however.

chrome pastebin
https://pastebin.com/rXTa3J2T

firefox pastebin
https://pastebin.com/hbKQ3jsx

Hey, I noticed something didn’t appear to be in sync with your data–did you reset your account recently? I just made a fix to stop bugs similar to yours from appearing. Anyway, I fixed up your account and can get into the study screen. Let me know if you still have issues.

2 Likes

Yes, I had reset a couple of times. Thank you, I reinstalled the beta app and can now get back to the study screen.

1 Like

I also clicked reset today, and now I can’t get into the study screen on the web app or Android app (stuck on “fetching next”). Would you mind fixing up my account as well? :slight_smile:

Thank you!

I have same problem with you. My skritter was stuck at “Fecthing Next” since i reset my study. My solution is try study from the legacy version of skritter first (https://legacy.skritter.com/) and then try on the 2.0 version and its works for me

Same for me, chinese version - subscription one day old, resetting progress after trial periode, now only ver. 1.0 works, Both Android and web stuck at “…fetching next”. None of the proposed fixes in this thread seem to work.

(Have tried various browsers, various Android vesions and even Chrome Book)

What’s the prognosis, devs - the bug is a year old??

@metakirby5 @erwinsonljc @Gulebamse I’ve checked through your data, tidied things up, and can get into the study page for your accounts. Let me know if you still have issues!

Not that it’s really an excuse, but while the problem you encountered appears similar on the surface to the one this year-old thread talked about, the cause and reason for failure of it is different. We’re working on solving the current bug that causes some accounts to get into the state you experienced, it should be more fully mitigated in our next releases/updates.

2 Likes

Works on my end - thanks! :slight_smile:

Can you please help with my account? I still have the “fetching next” problem when trying to study.