Lists incorrectly marked complete

I noticed this a while back when I was adding new terms to my existing list of single characters, and had to use the legacy interface to accomplish that task. On the legacy page, you can see a detailed breakdown of each item in your list rated according to performance across the variables of writing, tone, reading, and definition (a feature that afaik hasn’t made it to 2.0 yet), and I could see a lot of the new terms were being added for tone study, while the writing portion was omitted. I’ve also noticed during study that some characters come up for occasional tone reviews, but I’m never asked to write them.

After taking a look through my single-character list today, I see that there are quite a lot of terms that still haven’t been added for writing–like, never. It seems all the tones have been added though. Scanning over the omitted words in the list, I can confirm that I don’t know any of them, so I’m pretty sure they’ve never made it to my study queue despite the list having reached “finished” status months ago.

I don’t know about my other list, but I did see recently a handful of new terms added within a day or two of each other, again at least several weeks after I had supposedly finished adding all the new terms.

So this appears to be a bug. Before I tackle any new lists, I need to make sure I’ve covered everything in my current lists.

Thanks

1 Like

Hmm, would you be able to provide an example of some of the character writings that haven’t been added? If they are obscure or classical for instance, it could be possible the strokes haven’t been mapped in the system yet.

Took a screen shot of the first page in my lists where I see this happening. As you can see, there’s one character where the writing has been prompted but apparently the tone study hasn’t. I hadn’t noticed that before. At least one or two of the other chars aren’t obscure at all:

It looks like these three characters aren’t mapped in the system yet! The character editor is being rebuilt and we’ll be able to map these shortly.

You can check if a character exists in the system for writing, by going to https://legacy.skritter.com/scratchpad?word=X

(where you can replace X with a character, so for instance: https://legacy.skritter.com/scratchpad?word=歔)

Does this mean I need to report all the other characters too? There are hundreds of them. AFAIK there are still a lot of chuas left that never got dealt with either.

Any character that doesn’t have a writing prompt for it (but someone is studying it) is logged, so we have a list of each studied character without a writing prompt for it so they can be mapped.

All those chuas that were posted should be corrected, are you still noticing them pop up while studying? If so, were these you had already posted?

I don’t know if you remember, but originally when the chuas were fixed, a lot of them slipped through the cracks, so I made a second list of all the ones I reported that hadn’t been fixed yet. I never got a response to that post so I always kinda wondered if anyone saw it. Last I checked, they still hadn’t been fixed. I had a quick look and spotted at least 3 chuas in one list, so I assume things haven’t changed. I also see that the 3 examples I’ve found also belong to the group of unmapped characters, so maybe that’s the explanation.

I’ll go find the other thread with the full list and leave a note on it to flag it for you.

2 Likes