Developer Release Notes--August 2nd, 2017

Hi guys, the changes in the newest Android beta release and website update are a little more focused than some previous releases, but that’s because we’ve been working hard on some big things that couldn’t quite make it in. Here are some highlights of what you’ll find in 2.3.3:

• Improve to due count movement and calculation
  • Improve review queue stability and ordering
  • Update stats page line graphs learned total calculations to be more accurate. They won’t match up with legacy, but that’s a good thing!
  • Add more helpful explanations on some dialogs and settings
  • Fixes for JA account settings not saving in certain situations
  • Fix ZH traditional-only accounts sometimes showing simplified ZH example sentences

On our radar for near future releases:

• Improve due count and queue: This is a subtle, yet large technological issue and solving it requires improvements across all layers of Skritter’s technology. So expect more improvements on this in the next release as well.
  • Auto-adding: it didn’t work great the first time we had it enabled, so we’re re-thinking our strategies and also improving it to take into account some legacy settings like add frequency.
  • Offline study (Android beta): commits are in the code, and once we feel like it works well enough to present to you guys, we will!

Try it out, let us know what you think and what you’d like to see, and study hard!

2 Likes

Just wanted to say that this looks like a great release so far. App seems stable, responsive, and most importantly, the count is working much better than in the previous release.

Nice work!

One thing I will add is that in the legacy app, I could open a list and see check marks next to words that I know. This let me gauge how many words I have left. The new list doesn’t seem to do this on a word-by-word basis. It’d be nice to be able to see how far down a list I am.

2 Likes

That’s already a planned feature–we like it too! We’re currently focused on some other areas right now, but it’s coming.

Hi, any update on development?

Yes! Just pushed a new version out today. You can read more about the changes and development path here: Developer Release Notes--September 6th, 2017

1 Like