Accuracy 2.0 vs 1.0

Hello everyone.

I recently I decided to try out skrittering on my Mac, since I haven’t actively used a desktop or laptop to practice in about a year (I primarily rely on my iPhone and before that my Android phone to practice). I really do like the interface on the Skritter 2.0 website, but I find it has a crippling flaw as compared to website version 1.0 which can make it hard to practice.

The main difference between the two versions is that the legacy site, even though it uses flash which runs slightly slower in Safari on my iMac compared to the HTML 5 website, has much better accuracy when recognizing strokes. I hadn’t used the sites in awhile so I honestly forgot if they have a setting to change how accurate it is and I checked for one but I couldn’t find it.

At this point I just don’t want to use the 2.0 website because it feels like it takes me on average about 3 or 4 strokes for something that only takes 1 or 2 at the most on the legacy site. Anyway I wasn’t sure if this was a known issue or even an issue at all.

Stroke recognition is a bit stricter on 2.0 versus legacy. Do you mean the accuracy of the stroke recognition, or also the stroke order? Stroke order is enforced on 2.0, where 1.0 has a leniency setting. It’s come up recently the strictness of stroke detection and we’ve been discussing it!