What is the cheapest iPhone suitable enough to run Skritter?

After previously owning an iPhone 6 plus, I have moved on to Android. I have learned that the shared mnemonics feature present in the ios version is missing in the android version. Since I have read topics regarding this from a year ago, it doesn’t look like this will change and I won’t wait for it. So I am wondering what the minimum specifications for an iPhone would be to run Skritter as I plan to purchase one just to gain back the community mnemonics feature. I want to get the cheapest one possible, as I would only use it for Skritter. I have tried the web version on my phone as well but it is a little slow for my comfort level. Will a 4s work? Or even a 3gs? I wonder why such a powerful learning tool as the shared mnemonics feature would be neglected from the android version.

We’re working on an a major update for the Android app based on framework at: www.skritter.com. The goal is to have one client instead of three, and an added benefit is all features being available regardless what device you use. It’s unfortunately still too early to be able to give a good estimate when it will be ready.

The iOS app requires iOS 9.0 or higher, it looks like these devices can run iOS 9.0:
iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air, iPad Air 2.
iPad mini, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3.
iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus.
iPod touch (fifth generation)

Either the iPhone 4s or iPod touch seem like the cheapest options, but you may want to wait for the new client!

Thank you for your response! I will look forward to the update, but to make the most of my subscription at the moment, I will dish out the dough for the ipod touch/4s.

1 Like