Trouble drawing short strokes on left

I’m noticing trouble getting started writing characters if the first stroke is a short one in the middle left field, like anything involving the hand radical. I have to swipe anywhere from 4-10 times to get the stroke recognized, and often I have to really exaggerate the length to get it to show up. Sometimes I have to just squiggle all over the screen to get it to register input. I don’t think this is a phone problem because it only happens in Skritter, and it was never once an issue on the old app.

I had a similar problem using my drawing pad on the PC, but at the time I assumed it was a hardware problem or my lack of comfort using it, but on reflection it was the same thing exactly, couldn’t get that short first stroke to register at all. Anyway, might be related, maybe not, but the Android app definitely has a problem.

Stroke detection can be a bit finicky on 2.0 compared to legacy, which is something that will need a round of adjustments here in the near future. This is planned!

Isn’t this due to the invisible “previous” button?

1 Like

Ah, it very well could be, though stroke detection in general could use some fine tuning. Once the navigation buttons are relocated it should prevent that sort of thing from happening though.

I think if I was hitting the “previous” field then I’d keep skipping backward. There might be a dead zone around there though.