Trouble clearing review queue

Hopefully this is the right place to post this. I recently started taking chinese lessons, and wanted to just include my vocab words from that class. While using the skritter trial I had loaded an HSK list and had been practicing using those. I removed the list, but there are still “212 items ready to review”. I don’t know how to get rid of them. I’ve cleared account data, I’ve deleted lists, and then added them again. I can add new lists to the queue, but I can’t get rid of anything when they are in there.

How do I clear the “items ready for review”?

Thanks!

Sure, here works! You could also post bug reports at: https://discourse.skritter.com/c/bugs

I do see there are 212 items due on 2.0, even though there’s no lists, but it seems to be working correctly on legacy (https://legacy.skritter.com). I recommend using the legacy version in the meantime while this is being investigated and fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Would it be possible to completely reset my account somehow? I don’t think I can use the legacy version on my phone, which is what I wanted skritter for. Thanks for the help, I know you guys are busy

You can reset your data at: http://legacy.skritter.com/vocab/deleteall, however the issue might be able to be fixed on 2.0 without you needing to do that,(if you don’t mind waiting until it’s fixed, that is!) If it’s the 2.0 beta app, you could leave the beta participation and revert to the older build. There are instructions on this doc: http://docs.skritter.com/article/132-beta-testing

Thanks for the help. I tried following the link to reset everything, but I think it only affected the legacy data, Skritter 2.0 still shows the words in my queue. I’m not in the beta either, so I think I’ll just have to wait.

I’m also waiting for this issue to be fixed. Following this forum to see some sort of announcement. Will resub once it’s confirmed fixed.

This sounds related to some recent API changes we made. I will look into it and try to fix those numbers. Your data is still good and the numbers on legacy should be correct, it’s likely just that a copy of the data got out of sync, so the due count on 2.0 is a little off.

Thanks for the help!

This problem is occurring again for me on 2.0 (I went back and found this thread from a couple of months ago). Here’s my new thread Items appear before they are due

We’re looking into it this, sorry for the inconvenience! It appears to be related to a recent server change and SSL update. The data is getting saved and updated, however the copy of the data Skritter 2.0 uses is not. We are working now to pinpoint and fix the area that fails when we’re copying the data over.

In the meantime you could use the non 2.0 version, at https://legacy.skritter.com, or the non beta build of the Android app.

I have the same problem. This is why I went back to Legacy, but I don’t want to. Beta is infinitely superior. Many pronunciations in Beta are missing in Legacy. Please fix the problem and let us know

2 Likes

This should be working now! :smiley:

Hello, when I installed beta again and started reviewing it indeed started to clear the queue, but after clearing up of around 10 items it got stuck and despite successfully doing about 20 items it is stuck at same number (In my case 39)

Same here. Not even close to working.

@Gregory @hz We’re still looking into why some accounts are having troubles getting their queue down to zero. It’s looking like we will be adding a special parameter to the api call that forces true next items and ignore our logic that tries to space out similar items.

1 Like

Just saying I had the same problem in beta. The word count went up but not down and just kept giving me the same cards with occasional variation. I took off beta and it’s working fine now but beta is way better otherwise. (I’m in android user)

The new server updates seemed to fix the issue, at least for me, at least for now. I was able to clear item count to 0 by reviewing in Beta.
So all of you who due to this problem went back to Legacy, maybe you should again give Beta a try, see if the problem is also gone for you

2 Likes

Thanks so much for the update Gregory, this is great news!

I’m guessing the updates happened right after I switched back to the legacy app, because right after I spent half a day getting 800+ terms down to zero, I had a whole flood of terms fill my list back up with 600 more. I couldn’t take the time for the next 36 hours to do more than knock down about 200 a couple of times, and then it was up to almost 1200. Like the cork was pulled out of a bottle, just continual filling. These are all review terms, not new items, so there’s nothing I can do to put the brakes on it.

Anyway, switched back to the Beta app and was able to clear it down to zero (although I had to cheat, since during the work week I can’t devote 6 hours in a single day to Skrittering–no worries though, since it’s well established that regardless of how I mark an item, I’ll usually be seeing it again in the next day or two).

Since then, it’s been behaving, back to the average of about 150-200 items a day, which is where I need it. It shot up overnight by about 360, but given the nature of SRS I expect daily fluctuations like that.

So that’s where that is. I have a few other issues now, but I’ll put them in an appropriate thread elsewhere.