Sync Problems (web 2.0, android beta 2.2.4)

There are several problems leading to progess made not being synced to the server.

1. Items at the end of the queue never get saved/synced to the server (android beta & web 2.0). Even on very good internet connection i regularly hit the end of the queue of items. Skritter takes a while to load the last batch of items, but the last few items i just answered aren’t saved to the server and I will be asked to answer them again.

2. On the web 2.0 interface sometimes the “items due” counter suddenly drops to 0, and any words I answer after that point will not be saved/synced to the server. Once you reach the end of the queue you can’t progress either. Only manually reloading the page helps. This happens while having a stable and good internet connection.
    On the android beta app there is similar behaviour, except that the “items due” counter doesn’t drop to 0, it’s just stuck at the same number and doesn’t decrement. Gets stuck when the queue is empty too. On the android app this behaviour frequently occurs if you switch back to the app, after not using it for some time and its still in ram. So possibly some sort of a connection time out.

Hey, thanks for the feedback. I don’t have specific answers for you right now about the issues, but we’ve seen them, are aware of them, and are investigating them. We’re currently working on general infrastructure changes around items and the queue along with some more specific frontend resilience features to more gracefully handle cases where reviews fail to post to the server or data fetches fail.

1 Like