Stuck fetching next

Are you still experiencing this issue? I’ve loaded up your account and it seems to be making it to the study screen showing an writing prompt for 傑作. The console log errors shown shouldn’t be causing the study screen to crash.

1 Like

Yup, still getting the fetching next screen on my chrome browser. Just tested firefox and it appears to work in firefox. I wonder why it doesn’t work on chrome…

Hmm that is strange. It’s possible some caching could be happening that is causing it to use some older files. You can verify this by logging in using incognito and seeing if the problem is fixed or not.

I opened up an incognito and it worked. So I cleared my browser cache+cookies(cache alone didn’t fix it), and now it works! Thanks for helping me solve this issue! :grinning:

1 Like

I already submitted 2 bug reports via the app UI, but since it’s been 10+ days or so with no improvement, I suppose I should drop a note here too. The Android app got stuck in the “updating cache/fetching next” loop a couple of weekends back, and my queue just keeps swelling. It’s now about 6500 words, which is about 5500 more than I have the time or patience to clear out, but that’s unfortunately a side matter since the app itself hasn’t been functional as a learning tool for well over a week now.

I did get a note via email a week or so ago noting that the report had been bumped up to somebody, but it appears not to have resulted in anything. I tried the website earlier today with the same result–at least the Skritter experience is consistent across the web and app interfaces now.

Do I need to switch back to the legacy app? Would that even make a difference? What would you recommend I do?

So I tried uninstalling the beta app and reinstalling the legacy, and having left the beta testers group I can’t even find a download for the old app in the Google Play store. Even after the page acknowledged that I’d left the beta group, it still downloaded the beta version of the app and reinstalled it. Maybe it’ll clear up in a while, but this didn’t happen the last time I had to switch back to the old version.

edit nevermind, got the old one back again. Hope the beta gets sorted out soon, because I’m really going to miss the ability to skip characters as I tackle this 6500-term backlog that’s developed over the last week+.

1 Like