Small drawing and tone section

Not sure if this is a know issue or not as I haven’t been using the website for a while and thought I’d give it a go for a change. While studying, 20% of the time I get a really small drawing window in the top left of the page instead of the regular size panel. I’ve attached a couple of screen shots, one normal and one with the issue. This is using Windows 10 Creators edition and I get the same issue on IE11 and Edge.

It does make it quite fiddly to draw the character in such a small space. It does it with tones as well.

I did have a look through the forum but couldn’t see anybody mentioning this.

1 Like

Does this happen in other browsers, like Chrome? Just to clarify, this happens when loading the study screen, not in the middle of studying on the study screen?

Hi Josh,

It does it at random. I start to study and the first couple might be ok then I get a small one, then it works fine for a couple more then a small one or two. I haven’t tried any other browsers but I can do that tonight. I normally use my iPhone but wanted to give my Wacom tablet a go.

I’ve manage to do some testing on this today. I misunderstood your previous query. Yes it only does it when loading the screen and not in the middle of drawing a character.

Firefox works fine, no issues. I did 40-50 characters and all was well.

With Chrome Version 59.0.3071.86 (Official Build) (64-bit) my pen wouldn’t even draw any line of the characters at all. I could click the buttons and links with the pen, and the pen was working fine in windows but wouldn’t draw any of the character lines at all. I had a good play around with the ink settings in Windows but couldn’t get it to work in Chrome at all.

Stephen

I was able to partially reproduce this issue, though I saw it when changing the settings from the study screen popup. I patched that issue up and it looks like it could be causing the issue you’re describing as well. Another quick question, is your browser window set to any kind of specific zoom other than the default while on the website?

This is still happening for me on Edge. Default zoom, and seemingly at random. There’s no pattern to when it happens, but it does happen frequently, normally every 5-10 words.

Sorry, I didn’t see you had responded Josh. I checked and my zoom was at 105% so set it back to 100%, restarted my browser and it happened within the first 5 characters.

Thanks for the extra information. We’ve been able to reproduce the issue and are working on a fix for this. I’ll post back here when we get something live on the site for it.