Skritter is still adding new words when paused

Jeremy, Skritter is still adding new words even when paused. This has been going on for a long long time.

This unfortunately hasn’t been a quick/easy fix.

As a short-term solution while the code is being worked on, you can uncheck “auto-adding” from the study gear on the study page on 2.0 (www.skritter.com/study). Sorry for the inconvenience.

I tried turning of off auto-adding from the study page but it didn’t work. Skritter still show’s it’s adding words when I look at the word list words themselves.

I had a thought that this bug might be because my account has been cloned. This was due to bugs in the past and the fear of those bugs deleting my data. Maybe when I make changes to my study settings it is affecting my cloned account instead of my real account. Could you please check on this?

The list sections would still show “Adding” if you’ve disabled automatic word adding in your account settings, if this list is in the “adding words from” section opposed to reviewing/finished lists. To confirm, are you seeing new words showing up while studying, or is the indication the label of “Adding” in the list?

What’s the name of your original account (or if this is your original, what’s the name of the duplicate account)?

I have one list and it is set to review. I have been using the same account I started with. I think it was George who cloned my account. A good while ago Skritter deleated some of my mnemonics and my account was cloned in an attempt to compare the two in the event that more of my mnemonics got deleated. I am scarred to study with Skritter I don’t want it to add any more new words. I just can’t deal with all of the new words. Especially when I have hundreds of old words I desperately need to review first.

We’re going to be pushing an update soon that temporarily disables auto adding until we can further debug the issue. In the meantime button for manually adding items will be the way to add new things to study.

Thanks so much. I’m looking forward to hearing about the update and being able to study again.

I tried using Skritter again today but no change. I even tried setting my lesson to 25 instead of 26 after clicking the gear on https://skritter.com/vocablists/queue

Skritter still says it’s adding from lesson 26. After reinstalling Skritter on my phone and having the first character be 姫 from lesson 26 it looks like it is still adding from 26.

https://skritter.com/vocablists/view/112160761

It shouldn’t be adding new items automatically, even if you have that setting enabled on the latest Android Beta builds. I just checked and 姫 was last altered on your account a month ago, so I don’t think it was added in your most recent reinstall and usage of the application.

It looks like everything through Lesson 25 in Remembering the Kanji 1 has already been added, so setting to Lesson 25 wouldn’t have any impact.

No it was, I just didn’t write the character and turned it off right after I got it. So Skritter never synced and that is why you don’t see that Skritter gave me that character to study.