Revert this update now

I noticed the app updated to a new version… again.

It changes nothing.

Give us back 1.0 on Android. What you’re currently doing, introducing unannounced and totally useless updates to a version nobody ever asked for, is bordering on fraud.

You offer a paid subscription service. I use both the Japanese and Chinese version of Skritter. I haven’t been able to do so for two days.

I can’t edit any definitions. For me that functionality is absolutely crucial.

Technically, you stole 2 euro from me. I’m not a poor man and can afford that. But you still stole it.

Revert this update. NOW.

2 Likes

Hey Yomar, sorry for your frustrations the latest updates have caused. We’re going to be releasing patches a few times a week based on the increased amount of feedback we’ve been getting since release. In terms of being unable to edit definitions that will be added in the next patch (version 2.0.8) and will allow for this via the slide out vocabulary information panel.

We do still have 1.0 available for download. You can find the APK files to install it here:
https://files.skritter.com/android/0.125.2750/

2 Likes

Will there be any financial compensation for this disaster?
Seems like I wont be able to study for months given how quickly you have fixed the “list management features of the new web UI”?

Is there a clear road map for when and which features will be fixed? (so I can know when I can start studying Chinese again, see my other post for the issues I am facing)

FIY the links you posted do not work (much like new the new Android beta):
My phone says something along the lines of “Package is broken” (I’ts in Swedish)

@mickem The release version of the Skritter App needs to be uninstalled before you can install the APK manually. Please try that to get old Android back.

Will there be any financial compensation for this disaster?
Seems like I wont be able to study for months given how quickly you have fixed the “list management features of the new web UI”?

Is there a clear road map for when and which features will be fixed? (so I can know when I can start studying Chinese again, see my other post for the issues I am facing)

@mickem I’ve added three months of time to your account. We’re sorry that this release was such a disaster for you. The feedback you’ve been posting is great and we’ll be taking it all into consideration. We’ve got a list of bugs and are prioritizing them based on estimated development cost and priority. If we don’t think that we can get enough major issues fixed in a very short period of time we will be reverting back to the previous version of the Android app.

3 Likes