Number of items to review in Web 2.0 does not match the number of items to review in 1.0

Yesterday, I was using Web 2.0, and the number of items of review shot up to over 100.

I ended up using skritter for over an hour trying to get the number to go down, but it basically didn’t move, and similar characters ended up being shown to me again and again.

Eventually Web 2.0 broke for me and the application would not load because there was an error fetching the lists from the server(?).

At that point I switched to Web 1.0 and the number of items to review there was almost zero. For the iOS app, it is in a similar place. Today, Web 2.0 will load for me now, but the number of items to review is still really high (>100), but in Web 1.0/iOS the number is somewhere around 10 or so. Clearing my cache (CMD+shift+R) does not seem to help.

Thank you!

It sounds like there’s an item mismatch in which case @SkritterMichael should be able to run a script to fix it up. In the meantime I recommend using legacy until it’s working again. Thanks for the heads up and sorry for the inconvenience!

I’m having the exact same problem. The error with the application not loading was fixed quickly yesterday, but for the past 18 hours or so, the review items count only goes up, never down. I started studying yesterday with about 100 items, and after an hour had around 118, and this morning about a half hour ago it was 258, and as of right now it’s 261 and climbing.

Also just checked the legacy site and my list is over 4000 items there, just runes and tones. Meanwhile, the app list is now over 350, and occasionally I can get it to go down by 2-3 terms, and then it just stays at the same number no matter how many reviews I do. Unless it goes up, which it does pretty often.

I also have this issue. It was working fine yesterday until the error with fetching lists took place, and now 2.0 doesn’t go down, whereas 1.0 is having no problems.

I just wanted to leave an update that the number of items in Web 2.0 matches Web 1.0 now (I think it gets reset every once in a while?), but Web 2.0 is not adding new vocabulary words for me and it isn’t going through reviews. It only cycles through old words.

Web 1.0 works fine and I’m using that right now.

1 Like

The development team is still looking into this! Would you guys be able to give us an update of the current status?

Both lists on the web pages agree, but the app consistently tells me that the number is about 25 or so more (currently 569 on legacy and 2.0 site, 584 on app). I started today with about 680 words in the queus and got it down to about 560 and then it refused to lower the number any further. 2.0 website is the same; no number of drawn characters or skips ahead (that I have the patience for) would make the number drop, but it goes right down on the legacy site.

I guess I really don’t have a choice other than to go back to the legacy app again and just try to whittle away the current backlog until I can get it back down to zero.

Hey, like Jeremy said, we’re working on it. We’ve been gathering data and coming up with plans of attack to fix this. In the meantime if it impedes your studying progress, you’ve got the right idea @hz, jump back to legacy. This issue should be resolved sooner than later though though!

For me, the status is still the same as my last post.

The review count doesn’t seem to go down when I am using Web 2.0. However, the Web 2.0 number seems to match Web 1.0 number.

The review count only goes down when I am using Web 1.0 or iPhone.

How about today? We just pushed website and Android beta updates live yesterday and also made some server/database changes that should have improved the issue.

2 Likes

It seems like it is working! Thank you!

2 Likes