Multiple bugs in the iOS app for Chinese

I have contacted you several times without any avail, since your solution to clear the user data by logging out doesn’t help. The iPhone app on my old 6+ seems to be working but the iPad app on a new iPad Pro is at this point unusable. It does not show any items to review, ever, it doesn’t add new words to vocabulary, it can’t show more than several lists in My Lists, it claims there are no items to study in the Advanced Study mode. Is there any hope you can fix this?

There’s supposed to be a Beta iOS app coming out soon.

However, for the current iOS app, I’ve had to go to the web version of Skritter to reset my progress, add lists, or look at lists. The list management on the iOS app has been broken for nearly a year, and my assumption has been that they haven’t bothered to fix it because of (a) the web workaround, and (b) they planned on replacing it. The web Skritter 2 is here: Skritter

The new app ended up taking way more months than their original plans, so the current iOS app is looking really sad due to lack of maintenance.

I’m hoping the new version retains some of the warmth & organic feel of the old iOS app, because web 2 is cold & robotic, IMO.

Edit: once I’ve gotten things set on the Web version, I had to delete my iOS Skritter app and then re-download it from the App Store and have it resync. It took a couple resync’s to get it all working. REMEMBER, that you have to be logged into the same account, so you can pull down the data. I think the old “trial” accounts were separate from a paid account (at least they could be a couple years ago), so sometimes people thought they were using one account across separate devices, but actually had separate, unique accounts).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.