Lists for Chinese iOS “original” app not working

Lists seem to be broken for the original iOS Chinese Skritter app.

If I try to see the list details, I get a “you must be in China” screen, but I’m in the US and using standard Comcast or TimeWarner internet services. See attached image.

Also, if I try to “restart adding” for any lists, and then go into the Study screen, and then return to the list screen, the lists are no longer in Add mode (the result is you can’t add new words while studying).

The workaround was to go to Web New Skritter and restart adding from there. Then I could go back to the iOS app, sync, and add words.

If this is on your personal network, would you be able to restart the router / modem and let us know if the problem persists?

After a little more experimentation, it appears to be a problem with Skritter on my IPad Air (running iOS 11.1.2)

Skritter on my iPhone 7 runs just fine on the same network and on cellular.

The iPad Air shows the two problems above regardless of network and router boot condition.

I also hotspotted the iPad to the iPhone and the problem still shows up.

I set lists as adding and can view list details fine on the phone. But using the app on the iPad, the lists don’t show and can’t change the add status.

Edit: I also tried on a separate different network and still see the same issue on iPad Air. iPhone still works just fine.

Edit 2: iOS version on iPhone is also 11.1.2

Hmm, would you be interested in trying the beta app for iOS while this is being looked into? https://blog.skritter.com/2017/09/open-sign-up-ios-beta-app/

Since I have a workaround, I’ll decline the iOS Beta phase. I know it’s coming, but I really enjoy the textured backgrounds and warmth of the original iOS app.

The new one (assuming it’s like the web app) is lacking the personality of the original. Additionally the in-your-face white screen is too bright for my tastes. I’m hoping by the time the Beta becomes real, there’s at least a night-mode or ideally a re-skinning view that lets me pick the original backgrounds.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.