Legacy and Skritter 2.0 sites differ in # of items due in lists

I half expected the problem to resolve itself, since every time I’ve had inflated queue numbers in the past they’d drop rapidly–like 5-10 items knocked down for every one I’d actually draw–but this time it looks serious. The numbers are going down slowly, and if anything, I’m not even getting the number reduced commensurate to the number I review. I’ve put about an hour and a half in so far today, and I’m still over 21,900 to go. I’m going to need real intervention to get this under control, I’m afraid. Meanwhile I suppose I’ll just try to do the normal amount of reviews, which would be somewhere between 200-300. Please help soon though, because I’m drowning over here.

Hey @hz, I looked into your account. So here’s what’s up: I re-transferred your items from our main db to the copy that skritter 2.0 uses for some things, like the due count. Unfortunately, something got borked with how it interpreted the dates, and so everything got a next due date of 1970 :whoops:

I’m currently looking into how the dates might have messed up right now and will update you when it’s fixed, it should be good later today. We still have a good copy of all your data, so everything is fixable, it’s just a matter of copying it to another spot.

1 Like

Thanks Michael. Whatever the cause, I’ll call it quits for the day and try again tomorrow. I don’t know if this is part of the same problem or something else, but I got the queue down to 21539 items (so maybe just over 600 terms), and then it wouldn’t budge: the number wouldn’t drop, and the same terms kept repeating in the same loop, including terms that I’d marked as “too easy” from their first appearance. I think I cycled through 2-3 complete loops (guessing 20-30 terms, didn’t occur to me to count at the time) before giving up.

Anyway, it’s enough study for one day. Thanks for looking into it for me.

Ok, I redid things, and it appears to be correct now. The due count is slightly higher on 2.0 than on legacy, but that’s because legacy actually has a bug in its due count and is a few hours behind on what you should actually see (gasp!). Let me know if things still don’t look right (like the items you’re seeing for review).

I’m not immediately sure why the queue wouldn’t move after 21,500 items. The systems and our tests assume the number of items due will be much lower, so there could be some offset somewhere that just doesn’t expect it to be that large! Something to look into for our vacationing users.

Upon first sign-in, everything looks normal again. 228 items in the queue. I should have an idea how well things are functioning within a few hours, but for the time being it looks OK. Thanks again.

I’ve also been having this issue. And now my Skritter 2.0 doesn’t go lower than 188 reviewing, and so it never adds new words.

Hey @Parkemoon, I corrected your numbers a few days ago (but forgot to respond here, sorry!). I just checked and legacy and 2.0 still seem to generally agree (there’s a bug in legacy so it’s off by a few hours and the 2.0 count will be just a bit higher). Let me know if you still think it’s incorrect!

I’m having the same issue unfortunately. I have 30 due in the Android beta app. I just left the beta, and on the stable version of the Android app my due count is 375. On the beta app i also seemed to be stuck in a loop of several cards, despite getting them correct multiple times. For instance I studied 瞌 so many times this evening, I’ll never forget how to write it. Is there a way to fix my account as well?

@alextaylor00: How about now? Hopefully this should be sorted out!

Hey Jeremy, thanks for the quick response! Looks like my account is in sync again, I reinstalled the beta app and my count is around 380, which matches Legacy. Time to get to work!

Also, as a developer myself I just wanted to say that I really appreciate all of your responsiveness on the forum, it’s great support.

1 Like

Mine is still out of whack. Legacy says 4380+ and 2.0 website (and Beta, which at least seems to be in sync) says 289, but on Beta that number will.not.go.down and just keeps getting bigger every day. This may be about the 4th time I’ve reported the huge number at the legacy site but there’s been not even an acknowledgement of it. I’m so fed up with the Beta app that I’d switch back to the old one, but I’m not about to tackle 4000 study items on an interface that won’t allow me to skip terms. I see other people getting help with this issue, so can I get an update on my status? I’d really appreciate it, because my entire study flow has been disrupted for weeks now.

Both websites started agreeing, although the app shows about 50 items more. I found that somehow the legacy website settings reset to review definitions and reading, although I just changed them last week. About an hour or so ago the 2.0 website began reflecting the same thing. Couldn’t change the preferences there, said something about a lang error. Anyway I was able to get it to reset in the Legacy settings, and that synced with the 2.0 site.

Anyway, it’s back to the original problem now. Website is stuck at 316 items, and the app is stuck at 329.