Legacy and Skritter 2.0 sites differ in # of items due in lists

This is actually probably a case of the legacy site being wrong, while 2.0 is correct, but I’d like to confirm, and maybe get an explanation for why they’re different (since the legacy site has been this way for so long it seems like a feature).

For lists that I am studying, the legacy site indicates I have 1 fewer item remaining to add than the 2.0 site. If I go and count how many are actually left, the legacy site tends to always indicate 1 fewer than it should (e.g., it says I have 33 items left, but I still have 34 items that have not been added). I’ve gotten used to it being one off, since it’s consistent and I can plan around it.

Am I understanding the situation correctly? If it’s now fixed in 2.0, thank you!

Side note: the legacy site shows the % completion for a list and the number of remaining items in text, but the only way to get this information on the 2.0 site is in the hover text for the progress bar. Could that information be displayed in text as well (I imagine the hover text is difficult or impossible to view on mobile)?

It’s good to hear 2.0 is reflecting the items due better than legacy, being off by one isn’t too alarming but it’s excellent it’s keeping accurate track. The list completeness indicators aren’t fully developed on 2.0-- 1.0 actually keeps track of the adding position in the list and not the total list’s completeness (for instance, words that have been counted as learned past the point where the list stopped adding). With 2.0 we plan to have the lists show it’s actual completeness taking in account all words progress in the list regardless of adding position.

My 1.0 claims I have 6 items to review, and my 2.0 claims I have over 950. What can I do? I don’t want to re-review 950 items I’ve already reviewed in 1.0.

1 Like

Same here.

Before I started my daily work on Skritter, I had the following number of items due:

• according to Skritter on Android: 45
  • according to Skritter 1.0: 45
  • according to Skitter 2.0: 421

Now that I have finished for today, the numbers are:

• according to Skritter on Android: 1
  • according to Skritter 1.0: 1
  • according to Skitter 2.0: 390

All lists are complete, so I’m not adding anything.

We’ve just pushed an update that uses a different system to load up items for study. It should make the loading function a bit more like the legacy site and negate the slower batch loading when first opening the website. Let me know if things are looking better.

2 Likes

not bad. legacy/new 3985 vs 3985 for me

2 Likes

It has synchronized for me! Awesome!

2 Likes

Problem solved for me too. Thank you!

2 Likes

Not sure if the bug resurfaced or there are deeper reasons, but anyhow for me the legacy site right now shows 125 items (which is consistent with what the iPhone app shows) while the new version only 71.

I’m showing 113 items on Legacy, 114 on 2.0, and 1 on Android (non-beta)

Do the numbers seem more consistent now?

Would you be able to check if any Filters are enabled?

Legacy now says 329, 2.0 website says 215, and Andoid app says 212. Not sure what you mean about filters–I’m set to study writing and tones, but otherwise I don’t think I’ve applied any restrictions to anything.

@Jeremy
"Due" items are more or less (within 2) the same across “legacy”, “www” and the iOS app now. At the same time overall stats look weird:

legacy.skritter.com:
Time Spent 181 hours
Characters 1319 learned
Words 1735 learned

www.skritter.com:
560 characters
1047 items learned
487 words
181:35:29 hours studied

So only “time studied” is the same. I’m somewhat puzzled which number of characters and words learned is correct, given I’m almost done with an HSK4 list(1200 words), plus some other things.

Went through the restore functions for both my subscription and app data on the Android app, and it came back with something like 700 items due while the websites stayed the same. Developed a problem with slow response so deleted and reinstalled the app altogether. First it reported something like 650 items due, then after I did 2-3 of them, the number dropped by about 100, and currently it reports 450 while the legacy website shows 660 and the new one says–get this–2107. Stuff is all over the place.

1 Like

@Vitaly We are in the process of migrating to a new database and have started mirroring our data into the new database. On the new website (https://skritter.com) we have started using the new database for some simple read requests, the stats are one of them. It sounds like something might not be mirroring properly since the new website seems to be reporting lower numbers. The legacy website data is the most accurate.

@hz I just checked the dashboard on both the legacy and new website. I am seeing a discrepancy of about 100 in the items due on your account which could be being caused by the issue I mentioned above. I’m not sure how the new site would have jumped that high, but an issue has been opened to look into it further.

I’m waiting for a fix on this too.

@russell359 Did you recently reset your account data?

@josh Yes, in a misguided move to try and fix the issue/mismatch and the characters looping forever (which I then found out about the auto-adding issue). I tend to find legacy quite slow so not pleasing to use, so I’m just waiting for the auto-adding and the mismatch issues to get fixed.

Just logged into the website for the first time in a while and thought I’d drop an update: as of a few minutes ago, Android App (old) shows 10 items, legacy site says 747, 20.0 site says 2722. Not sure what’s going on, but it’s definitely not getting any better yet.

Fwiw this inconveniences me in no way, since I only use the Android app and it works pretty consistently. I just noticed the huge discrepancy and thought it might be useful info for you guys.

2 Likes

Study list currently shows 22,160 items. I assume this is the result of some recent adjustment on the back end. I’m only using the 2.0 app now, so I’m effectively dead in the water with my studies until this gets resolved. Hope that happens before my real study queue fills up too much.