Japanese Skritter won't move past certain words

When studying Japanese, the wordlist “freezes” at certain words. After contacting the support, adding new words was suggested as a remedy. Unfortunately, that didn’t work. Let’s say the “freeze triggering word” is no. 150 in the list. I add 5 new words, but after I worked through them and arrive at 150, the trigger word, it’s frozen again. Forwarding doesn’t help, so far only blocking does.

So far, I can’t say if it are the words that causes the freezing, their row in the list, the frequency (as in “every eight word”) or sheer randomness.

I never had the problem on the Chinese version, which I use way more extensively :slightly_smiling_face:. I’m on the Android beta, Android v.9

Would you be able to let me know the name of the list and some of those trigger words (the ones that always cause it to freeze)?

I removed the blocked words from the ‘blocked’ words list, but I can still remember some of them :slightly_smiling_face:

四角い、被る、仮名遣い、兼ねる、痒い、苦手、紛らわしい

At least with 四角い the issue reappeared once.

Is the “Study Kana” option on or off? If it’s on, I recommend toggling it off to see if it corrects the issue. Please let me know!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.