Deleting list hanging (Web interface 2.0 beta; Chinese)

Just tried to delete a list that was in my Review section, but which I had never seen any content. (I added it then immediately paused and moved to Review. The reason for this was that I realised I could copy the list and make my own edits before starting to study it, which I did.)

When clicked on the X in the vocablists view to remove it, the dialogue box popped up with a throbber but just sat there. When I hit the cancel button, it had been removed.

There’s a bunch of error messages in the javascript console so I’ll just add a screencap of that. If there’s a better way to capture this pls let me know.

Using Chrome 60.0.3112.113 on OSX 10.11.6.

Hey, thanks for bringing it to our attention. I just tried the same steps with the Integrated Chinese list but wasn’t able to get the same errors you did. I did notice an error with some minor button UI code though and made a fix for it. Had you been logged in without doing anything for a while? The type of errors I see you getting indicate the login credentials were out of date a bit.

I probably had been logged in for a while on the desktop/browser UI yes, as I tend to leave that open just to look at stats, queues and manage lists. I have the Android app (beta 2.3.3) on my phone which is where I do the reviewing and learning.

Quick update: turns out the list wasn’t deleted after all, or else something made it come back.

I just clicked on the X again and got a confirmation prompt, clicked the red confirm button and it has been removed OK. Presumably this reflects the fix you mentioned @skrittermichael?

Thanks

Ah, ok. Yeah, the credentials can expire if you aren’t actively using the site. We have mechanisms to refresh them so you don’t need to re-log in, but if it’s been a while and you’re going to do something major like add/delete a list or change a user setting, I’d do a hard refresh beforehand just to make sure.

Glad to hear it was removed properly!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.