Changing learning settings not working

Website, Firefox, Windows 10, Surface Book
When I want to enable the “Auto Add” setting in the small and limited settings menu in the upper right on the Study tab I simply can’t. I want Pinyin Input disabled and Auto Add enabled and after a lot of trials sometimes setting one of them workes but never both at the same time.

I first looked what happens with the POST request. For some reason you guys chose to send a LOT of parameters for this simple settings popup. So when a user didn’t add information in the “About Me” field of the Account settings it basically crashes your update settings script. The response in an error 400 saying 'The “About Me” field must be a string.'
I added some string for “About Me” in my Account settings tab so that bug doesn’t affect me. Still enabling the Auto Add and disabling PinYin Input doesn’t work.

I saw some nice parameters like the daily character goal to be 20 and some retention rate goal of 90 (I think). It would be very nice to be able to tweak these parameters. I don’t want to send handcrafted POST packages to your servers though since Skritter 2.0 is still very buggy.

Thanks for the report! I was able to reproduce the issue and it seems to related to our legacy api not being to happy about javascript null values being passed to it. We’re working on a fix for it and will update when things have been cleaned up a bit.

1 Like

Hopefully this gets fixed soon, I would really love to have Auto Add working again. Can you manually change the setting for my account for the meanwhile?

Hi an update to the website that should have fixed this was pushed live the other day, is this still an issue for your account? I was just able to disable auto adding on a couple of mine.