Caught in a learning loop

I’m seeing the same couple dozen or so words over and over again, even though the timings say that I shouldn’t be seeing some them for days (ex: yi1/one keeps showing up even though I mark it too easy). Meanwhile, there’s plenty of words in my entire history that could be reviewed yet aren’t (right now, I’m in a review-heavy mode of going through Skritter Chinese 101 while adding in Radicals).

I feel like the algorithm needs to be a little smarter than it is. Some words seem to come up often and others hardly ever (and then when they do finally come up, I’ve forgotten it so I get it wrong so it enters heavy rotation). I’d rather a bit more evenness to the learning process.

Also, it’d be nice if there was a way to weight certain kinds of study over others. For example, I’d like to have writing practice occur more than other kinds of practice because I learn all the parts better through the kinesthetics of writing.

1 Like

This will smooth out as the beta matures, hopefully the looping issue will be sorted soon.

Regarding putting more weight on other prompt types, have you tried playing with the “Filter Parts” option on the study screen (via the settings gear)? You could try it out to disable the other parts besides writing, and then re enable them when you’d like.

It looks like tapping on the back button (which does nothing) and then on the next button two or three times seems to unstick things. Strange. Adding a word also seemed to unstick things but only temporarily, eventually it’d get stuck again. Tapping the buttons repeatedly seemed to work more reliably.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.