Banned words still being asked

Sometimes words I have banned pop up in my reviews. today it was 毋. I checked on the web client and sure enough , the word is complete banned ,but I still got asked for it. I’m pretty sure it recently happened with other words too, I just never bothered to check until now.
occurred on the beta android app.

Just to confirm, are you using the actual app itself on your Android device (and then only checking on things on the web), or are you using the web client on your Android device to study?

A few questions that should help us figure this out!

1. Which client was the word banned from? If it was the mobile app, is offline mode enabled, and was that device actively connected to the internet?
  2. Which client was the word later seen in (after it had been banned)?

I was using the android beta app for reviewing. Offline mode was disabled, because I’ve had problems with it before. I was connected to the internet, although I guess it might be possible that there where connection problems, as I am currently in China. Not sure if I was using a VPN at the time or not.

The word was already banned to begin with. I tapped in the Info button to ban the word, but the ban symbol was already red. I then opened the web client to check which parts where banned, only to find out that all of them where already banned.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.