Adding new words to studied sections

I have several sections in my vocabulary list (usually I add one new section for each textbook lesson)
Whenever I finish all the words in one section, new words from the next section start being added automatically.

Now, what I did different this time was that I decided to add new words to a section that was already “Done”, because I forgot about them the first time around. Since Skritter is already adding words from another section, I’m not sure when I’ll be seeing them, though. Will it go back and show me these words eventually?

Besides, the percentage of completed words is now completely wrong. I had something like 50 words left, but by adding four words to the old section it suddenly started saying there are 180 words left to add. I’m not sure what happened here, but considering the section I added the words to had about 130 words in it, maybe it considered them all unseen again?

If you click on a list, there is a link option to “Change Study Settings.” Click this and you will get a window like the attached image shows (screenshot from Skritter on iOS…should be similar for the other platforms). There is a drop down option that says “Add Vocab from”. Select the earlier chapter you “missed” on your list.

It’s possible you may need to also “stop adding” this list and then “restart adding” again to get he new setting to “take”.

1 Like

Thanks :smile: That seems to have solved the problem (at least it started adding words from the previous section)

However, the stats are still weird. When it comes to words left to add, it went down from 180+ to 70 (from a total of 800), but the percentage got stuck at 63% (when it should be at around 90%) :confused:

Skritter doesn’t seem to “look forward” on lists. Hence, it doesn’t subtract out words you already know. This is even more strange because if you open up a list, it will highlight the words you already know in green, so it knows the words you already learned, but doesn’t update the list percentages.

Skritter doesn’t compute your percentage correctly until you have added words from that list that are after the known words. (i.e. Skritter appears to only update the percentages as you add words past the known ones in the list).

For example, if you learn all the HSK 2 words, but then add a new, different HSK 2 list with the same words, it will say you know 0% of the words.

1 Like

Thanks, I think I understand how it works now (definitely not that straightforward!)