Adding new words in wordlist

My newly created vocab list is unable to save, when I add new words that are not in Skritter yet.
It might have something to do with that I type simplified characters and some words have multiple traditional character options. When I choose one, it does not select my choice and will give an error.

When typing it in again, it will immediately show up in my list, but without traditional characters (like it is when simplified and traditional are the same)

Some new words, might be the length or when adding names, it might be unable to save my list.

When I delete that specific long Chinese word, I am able to saveā€¦

Any suggestions or do I need to make screenshots to clarify further?

Best regards,
Rick

For example, the wordļ¼šå¼ŗåˆ¶ę€§ęƒåˆ©ļ¼Œmandatory rights

Something went wrong and the changes couldnā€™t be saved. Please try again.

I think is mostly about word of five characters.

Hmm, Iā€™m not spotting any problems with the entry for å¼ŗåˆ¶ę€§ęƒåˆ©-- would you be able to let me know which list youā€™re wanting to add new words to (where itā€™s not saving). Iā€™ll see if I can spot whatā€™s going on.

When adding the rest of my list, I didnā€™t encounter any problem.
The words I was not able to add yesterday, are now correct, withtraditional characters, and can be added regularly

Yesterday I filled in the pinyin and translation, it apparently has saved it in the system, but not in the list, since my translations are as I filled in yesterday.

Yesterday, it gave a box with red text, throwing a lot of computer language at me, which came down to, unable to add. I clicked it away and when I added the word again, it did recognize the word, so it was able to add, but it did not give a traditional character version. Now it does.

Thanks for looking into it, my educated guess is the combination of the new webversion and picking the right traditional character version for a long word that was not yet in the system.

I think we can close this topicā€¦

Best regards,

Rick

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.