2.3.4 update info?

I opened up the beta website yesterday and got a pop-up dialogue talking about updates, but it’s now gone.

I can’t see anything on the web version that indicates what version it now is (I’m sure this used to be there earlier, handy for bug reports)… but mousing over the Beta icon at top-left reveals a tool-tip in Greek?! Hmmm. The app says 2.3.4 at the bottom.

Could we have a proper dev update on 2.3.4 (if that’s where we are) and links to the info that was in the dialogue box that only ever comes up once?

Thanks

Do you mean this info?

Yes, I think so… although I thought it said 2.3.4 on mine rather than 2.3.5.

Saw it once on the website and then never again.

Now I look again I can see “Version 2.3.5” in the drop-down under my name. On the phone I see 2.3.4 next to the Help button.

What does the version number refer to – is it the back end rather than the phone app?

The version number is the current build of the 2.0 app, so the new update that was released is an upgrade from 2.3.4 to 2.3.5. It sounds like your Android app hasn’t updated yet, you can check the Play Store page for Skritter to see if you can push the update manually (if you don’t have it set up to automatically grab updates). Well be posting the update notes to the blog as well shortly!

1 Like

I love it. Drawing on my LG V20 with my rubber stylus really feels smooth as butter now!

• I immediately changed my goal to be time based (90 minutes) but now the GOAL TODAY is displayed as the nonsensical “1211 / 0 items”. I am excited to have this there when it works, as well as the # learned so far today. Any indication of progress is motivating. (As long as you don’t ridiculously overdo it like memrise)
  • I’m interested in seeing how the auto-adding works.
  • I expect the inbox count to drop as each item is solved, but this is not the case. It still gives the feeling of racing on a never-ending hamster wheel when they only go down once in a while. I think the counter going down predictably is more important than being precisely accurate.
  • I’ve not yet had a chance to test my pet peeve – unable to start a line where the invisible left arrow exists. I hope this is fixed or in the works. I have been trained to draw all my characters weirdly to avoid that area of the screen.
  • I didn’t notice the superfluous repetition of 2-3 items before each server fetch that has plagued me for so long, but I was on my last items of the day. Hopefully it is or will be addressed.
1 Like

Shouldn’t this thread be over in the “Meta” category, which is supposed to be the one for mobile apps? From the header there is no way to tell if it refers to website 1.0 (“Legacy Skritter” now deprecated) , website 2.0 (whose banner still says “Beta”) , iOS app or Android app. I’d suggest the forum moderator at least make three major categories for web site, iOS app, and Android app.

Separately, am I correct that none of the above are on the unified platform currently being worked on? (“Skritter 3.0?”)

Oh really, is that a thing? I had noticed that it was very frustrating trying to start strokes on the left sometimes, and wondered if my touch-screen was getting worn out!

Happy for the mods to move it, should they consider it necessary.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.