Writing test : where is the superposed model in the background?

Hi,

There’s no faded well proportioned character appearing in the background after my own tentatives anymore, I have to click on the eye each time when it used to be automatic.

I’m posting this as I’m not sure whether it’s an involuntary change or a new option (that I don’t know where to set back) or a galactic plot against me only.

EDIT : also, when I’m writing a character and using the eye option because I’ve forgotten it, it doesn’t automatically set the writing to wrong anymore.
EDIT 2 : But it works as before when I study a single list, so I guess it really is a bug ?

And thank you ^^

@Haimun, we secretly pushed some big study page changes to the site yesterday knowing they would be a bit buggy and we’re busy cleaning everything up right now. It’s very probable that we broke some of the study you’re mentioning along the way. Stay tuned for the update notes here

Also, I’ll be sure to pop back in to this topic once we think we’ve cleaned everything back up!

I do find it frustrating that you guys still don’t understand stakeholder communication. I know you’ve put a lot of effort into trying to fix your communications but I think you’ve missed a number of major points. You’ve created as many communications channels as you could think of and you run guessing games and other ‘community’ style communications but you don’t seem to have done this on the back of a stakeholder map that tries to understand what the communication wants and needs of each stakeholder group are. The quantity of communications is rarely an issue by itself but I often hear ‘nobody can accuse us of not communicating enough’ to mean an organisation thinks its got its comms fixed.

What you’ve done will be great for some but I’m one of a group that just wants to know what’s going on with the apps. I don’t care about Facebook or Twitter. You ‘secretly’ push out updates and I’ve got no idea which of the many bugs I should report and what you’re already aware of. There’s nowhere I can go to get a list of known issues with any of the apps, and I’ve got no idea what’s been fixed. Or of what you think you’ve fixed. I saw the commit for leakage issues but I have no idea whether or not you think that’s fixed it (doesn’t look like it).

Apologies for the rant - had to get it off my chest. I’m happy to help with a stakeholder map and a communications plan at some stage if you’re interested, though doing these at a distance would be a challenge.

2 Likes

We try our best to keep our Website and mobile apps as stable as possible and let users know when changes are coming, but that’s a lot harder to do on an open beta that might have 5, 10, 20… 100 small updates in a given day. We’re a (VERY) small team and trying to juggle a lot of big projects at once.

Facebook is famous for having the motto: “Move fast and break things. Unless you’re breaking stuff, you are not moving fast enough.”

Honestly, that’s the approach we’re taking with the beta right now. We’re trying to push changes as fast as we can and most of the time those changes will appear in the Skritter 2.0 Development Update notes. Sometimes, however, they don’t get updated for one reason or another. We’ll try to keep better tabs on these updates and let everyone know when things are changing.

Thanks for the feedback!